27.12.09

guess what i've got

so readers i've just visited http://www.julyfishtail.blogspot.com/ and i'm surprised to read this post


I checked my confirmation note. My flight was MH1155, not MH1161. So why did he tell me about MH1161's new flight timing? I called the toll-free number and asked that question. The man said, "Hold on, sir." A few moments later, he said my flight MH1155 had been cancelled "for technical reasons" and they had put me on MH1161. You got to give it to these guys; they could tell 2 days in advance that their plane was going to have technical problems.

"Leaving Penang at 8 pm is too late for me; can you put me on the 4 pm flight?"
"Hold on, sir." Then, "sorry sir, that flight is full. But we can put you on the 10 am morning flight if you wish." I said that was too early. When he said sorry, I used the magic word. "Firefly! Then put me on Firefly; there's one leaving at 4 pm."

"Sorry sir, that's full."
"That's not full. I have it on my screen and it's still selling." (In other words, don't try to bluff me, dude.)
"Sorry sir, we can't do that unless all the MAS flights are full."
Did you get that? That meant even if there are still seats left on the midnight flight, they will put me on the midnight flight and not on any alternative Firefly flights.
"No, I was put on Firefly 3 weeks ago when my MAS flight was cancelled."
Hold on, sir.

Can you give me your booking number of 3 weeks ago?
No, that was 3 weeks ago and I've thrown away my confirmatory note.
Hold on, sir.

We can only put you on Firefly if it is a Series 9 flight. That means it's coach sharing with MAS, and ...
Hey wait wait! Don't give me all these technical stuffs. You cancel my flight, your alternative flight is either too late or too early and that's not acceptable, so just put me on Firefly like what happened 3 weeks ago.
Hold on, sir.

Finally, Mr Hold On Sir came back on the line and said everything was ok, "You are now on Firefly FY2089 departing 4-10 pm. Just check in with the same booking number one hour before departure." Wow, I was soooooo happy. I even envisaged myself taking not one but two muffins from the Firefly air-hostess.

Then you know what happened? On Sunday, I confidently went to the Firefly counter in Penang and this was what the ground stewardess told me:
"Sorry sir, we can't issue you a boarding pass."
"Whaaaat!! Why not? The MAS guy said everything was alright and see, you even have my name on your system."
"There is a payment problem, sir."
"Can't be. I've paid MAS. Here, this is the proof ..."
"You see, sir; you have paid MAS but MAS has not paid us. So we can't issue you a boarding pass."

1 komentar:

mita mengatakan...

That always happened. It's a matter of bussiness. And yes It's so freaking lame!

nice to read your blog.